To recall, the bot was introduced in March last year to provide coronavirus updates to the citizens in real-time. To start using the chat bot, WhatsApp users need to save 9013151515 mobile number on their smartphone.
Announcing the new facility, Union Health Minister Mansukh Mandaviya wrote in a tweet “Paving a new era of citizen convenience. Now, book #COVID19 vaccine slots easily on your phone within minutes.”
Here’s how to book vaccination slot using WhatsApp
- If you haven’t, save 9013151515 mobile number as a contact on your phone
- Open WhatsApp and search for the MyGov Corona Helpdesk bot
- Send ‘Book Slot’ to the saved contact
- You will receive a six-digit OTP on your mobile number. Enter the OTP in the chat.
- If you have multiple people registered with your mobile number, choose the name who you wish to book the appointment for.
- Choose your preferred date, time, location and vaccine.
- The chat bot will confirm your appointment.
Facilities offered by MyGov Corona helpdesk
Till now, users can get coronavirus-related updates, view slot availability and download vaccine certificates via the MyGov Corona Helpdesk. The ability to download covid vaccine certificates using the MyGov Corona Helpdesk was announced by the government earlier this month. According to WhatsApp, about 32 lakh people across the country have downloaded their certificates using the chat bot.