Deccan Queen, also called Dakkhan ki Rani, named after the town of Pune accomplished 91 years right now on June 1. Deccan Queen, which has been operating between Mumbai and Pune since 1930, is the nation’s first superfast practice, first long-distance electric-hauled practice, first vestibuled practice, the primary practice to have a “girls solely” automotive and the primary practice to characteristic a eating automotive.
The Central Railway had just lately introduced cancellation of 4 trains together with Mumbai- Pune Deccan Queen as a result of poor occupancy amid Covid-19. Normally, each day, the Deccan Queen departs each morning from Pune at 7.15 am and reaches the Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus (CSMT) in Mumbai at 10.25 am. The return journey for the practice begins from CSMT on the identical night at 5.10 pm and arrives again at Pune Junction at 8.25 pm.
MAJOR EVENT IN THE HISTORY OF THE GREAT INDIAN PENINSULA RAILWAY
- The introduction of “Deccan Queen’’ between the 2 premier cities of Maharashtra on 1st June 1930 was a serious landmark within the historical past of the Nice Indian Peninsula Railway, the forerunner of the Central Railway.
- This was the primary deluxe practice launched on the railway to serve 2 vital cities of the area and was aptly named after Pune, which is also called “Queen of Deccan’’ (“Dakkhan ki Rani’’).
- Initially, the practice was launched with 2 rakes of seven coaches every one among which was painted in silver with scarlet mouldings and the opposite with royal blue with gold strains.
- The below frames of the coaches of the unique rakes have been in-built England whereas the coach our bodies have been constructed within the Matunga Workshop of the GIP Railway in Mumbai.
- The coaches of the unique rakes have been changed in 1966 by anti-telescopic metal bodied integral coaches constructed by Integral Coach Manufacturing unit, Perambur. These coaches included improved design of bogies for higher driving consolation and in addition enhancements within the inside furnishings and fittings.
- The variety of coaches within the rake was additionally elevated to 12 from the unique 7 coaches offering extra lodging. Over the yr the variety of coaches within the practice has been elevated to the current degree of 17 coaches.
- With the ever-growing aspirations of the travelling passengers for higher facilities, improved requirements of consolation and higher high quality of service, Indian Railways thought-about needed to provide an entire facelift to the Deccan Queen.
THE RAKE WAS CHANGED IN 1995 WITH THE FOLLOWING SPECIAL FEATURES:
- All newly manufactured or a couple of yr outdated, air brake coaches.
- The 5 firstclass chair automotive within the outdated rake have been changed by 5 AC chair automobiles offering a further seating capability of 65 in a dust-free atmosphere. Additionally the 9-second class chair automobiles present extra seating capability of 120 seats in comparison with the outdated coaches.
- The eating automotive gives desk service for 32 passengers and has trendy pantry services comparable to microwave oven, deep freezer and toaster. The eating automotive can also be tastefully furnished with cushioned chairs and carpet.
TALE OF TWO CITIES
- The historical past of Deccan Queen (Dakkhan ki Rani) is actually a story of two cities.
- Passengers of each the cities are pleased with the impeccable document of “proper time begin” and “arrival” of Deccan Queen.
- During the last 91 years of its colourful historical past, the practice has grown from a mere medium of transportation between two cities into an establishment binding era of intensely loyal passengers.
Learn all of the Newest Information, Breaking Information and Coronavirus Information right here