Here are key things to know about NMP
* The National Monetisation Pipeline comprises a four-year pipeline of the central government’s brownfield infrastructure assets.
* Top three sectors identified for asset monetistion include railways, airports and coal mining.
* Under the scheme, 15 railway stadiums, 25 airports, 160 coal mining projects will be put up for asset monetisation.
* Besides these, assets such as roads, power transmission lines and gas pipelines will also be part of the monetisation plan.
* The ownership (of assets) will remain with the government and there will be a mandatory hand back after a certain time. The government is not selling off anything: FM Sitharaman
* Only under-utilised assets will be monetised: FM
* We are fully committed to delivering success to the National Motenisation Pipeline. We feel that it is very important to bring in the private sector for better operation and maintenance. Therefore, we are committed to very strong delivery on the ground: NITI Aayog CEO Amitabh Kant